Tips To Improve Your Web Page Speed 2019:- As we all know Google has already announced that, the website ranking will critically depend on the site’s page speed or you can say the loading speed of site’ page. Basically, when the site’s page load slowly then, any search engine can not crawl many pages, which could directly affect its indexation. Ans this is the main reason behind, low ranking in search engines. As per the studies, it has been, observed that 47% of people want the website to load in less than or equal to 2 seconds and 40% of people do not visit the website, which takes more than or equal to 3 seconds. But unluckily, several websites takes an average time of 8.66 seconds to load. And it can be higher is we talk about the loading time of the website on the mobile.
Additionally, a piece of information given by Hubspot indicates that there is a combination between conversion and page load time, because of a reduction in conversion is related to increase in the site’s page load time. There is a very big chance of 20% to 30% of losing a conversion if there is a single second delay in load time of the site’s page. There is no other way, to get noticed online, the owner of the website must take care and must try to enhance the page speed.
What You Need & I Assume You Have Already:
- An optimized theme for the website, which does not create any bloat.
- Your website should be hosted, on a good server, which is fast enough to load the website fast. This will really, help your site visitors to interact with the site more with no problem such as opening a social media platform channel and more. Because if your website is hosted, on a slow server then it, will surely push users to go away.
Characteristics Of Webpage
The foremost thing to understand is the elements of a webpage:
- HTML code: HTML coding provide structure and content of the website’s pages.
- Static Files: These files are used for the interaction between the users, design, and functionality to the webpage.
- Important Elements: Logo, Background and content.
To provide services to a page, the search engines require and ask for these elements. Several numbers of an HTTP request performs an important role in optimizing the page speed.
Process Behind Web Page Loading – To Improve Web Page Speed
- Slow Hosting
- Heavy Images
- Several Plugins, Apps, Widgets
- Website Theme
- Outside Party Script
- Redirect Links
Page Speed Statistics – To Improve Web Page Speed
There are several statistics on page speed. So for you, we have mentioned some easy and effective way by which, you can enhance your site and optimize it.
First Contentful Paint
It is one of the best and most useful statistics to enhance the site’s engagement. It the foremost and important stage in the page loading process.Where the user will able to see the loading really happening. And many times users do not see the loading process as there is no sign of loading and this might be the big reason that users abandon the site. In simple words, it directly, increase the bounce rate of the website
Document Interactive Time
This really requires, much more attention, as it tells us of the point at which the users starts to interact with the elements of the webpage. This statistics highly associate with the bounce rate.
Document Object Model (DOM) Content Loaded
The first thing when the page begins to load is it sends HTTP request to the server. These are requests to download files to the server. Only because of this disadvantage, no interest how little the file is, there is the smallest time each request makes due to the reply time of the server. Hence, it is necessary to decrease the number of such requests to improve the loading speed of the page.
Best Tools to Measure Web Page Speed
The similarity between load time and conversion rate, showing a reduction of 25% in conversion rates with just one additional second of load time.
It will slow down the loading speed of your site but besides also slow down the loading speed of page and which can surely, ruin your user’s experience. The average time spent on your webpage will depend on the loading time of the webpage. The longer time it takes to load, it will lower the average time spent on your webpage. This leads to a higher bounce rate and low ranking in search engines
Best Tools To Improve Web Page Speed:
- KeyCDN Website Speed Test
It is a useful tool and best part about this KeyCDN Website Speed Test is it operate smoothly on mobile devices, also. It is way fast than many other tools and it is so lightweight and it is very useful for gathering in-depth insights on your performance of a site. The tool test involves a visual website preview and waterfall breakdown of results. You can also able to watch the full size of the page requested, the total numbers of HTTP request made and load time.
- Google PageSpeed Insights Tool
This tool will place your site on the basis of 1 to 100 scale meter. The higher the number it gives to your site, the quite optimized your site is. A score of 85 or above indicates that your site is performing very well. It will provide you a report according to the performance of your mobile version site and desktop version site. Further, it also provides a tip by which you can improve and optimize your site better. It offers you to optimize your site for its loading speed like the process of removing all unnecessary characters from the CSS and many other relevant suggestions.
- GTmetrix Tool
This tool will help you in monitoring the pages of your site, regularly, weekly, monthly to make assured it stays optimized. It will provide you a full report and let you make specific, conditions and receive email notifications based on loading time of the page, YSlow score, total page size, etc. But the most important factor is, it will let you check your site speed from regions around the world.
How Page Speed Affects SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
As we have already discussed above that, Google has already announced that the website ranking will critically depend on the site’s page speed or you can say the loading speed of site’ page.
As per the study shows that Google may measure time to the first byte has indicated the speed of the site when considering the speed of the page. Further, when the site’s page load slowly then, any search engine can not crawl many pages, which could directly affect its indexation. Ans this is the main reason behind, low ranking in search engines.
You should understand that every search engine is a business entity in themselves. And if they show irrelevant content for the searched phrase or throw up late ultimately they will lose. When someone searches any particular query, it is important that your web page shows result quickly as it is an important factor of SEO best practices.
And the main point to notice is that if your bounce rate is high then Google will not show your website content because it indicates that your content is irrelevant.
Web Page Speed Optimization Techniques
According to the study, even a one-second delay in page load time can:
- The 16% decrease in consumer satisfaction
- The 11% less page view
- The 7% loss in conversion
The net earnings or net profits is, a quick loading page is not so important to rank the website with Google but also to enhance the profit perimeter of your business. For you, we have mentioned some best ways to improve the loading speed of your page.
- Reduce the HTTP request to find out, how your website currently makes such request and utilize it as a permanent mark. An HTTP request is created for each of the elements of the on-page components of your site such as content, images, codes, etc. Clearly reduce/minimize/modify the number of elements on the page to speed up it is loading time.
- You should host your site on a dedicated server. It will enhance your site speed, provide much more space than usual hosting server, and also offers more control over your hosting. Yes, of course, it will require a few tough works in terms of technical setup and configuration it still is a good risk. And the dedicated server is one of the best servers as compared to the VPS and a Shared server as you won’t have to share resources such as storage, CPU, RAM with other sites on the server. Hence, the webpage load time will be reduced.
- Leverage caching so you can cut off a proper amount of time of return visitors and provide a good experience to users. A cached version of your site means, stored data of your site in the browser of a visitor, which enhance the loading speed when a user returns it loads.
- There is another method by which you can reduce the load times for users who are physically far from your server, use a Content Delivery Network (CDN). It will store the data of your site or you can say will cache your site on a global network of servers. When browser of the users will request for files from your site that request will be routed to the nearest located server.
Tool For Web Page Speed Optimization
This is not a paid tool and it is an open source tool. And it’s source code is openly published for use. This tool will be operating on any website pages, public or the one requiring authentication.
It can also run through the Command line in Chrome DevTools or as a Node module. You have to give Lighthouse a URL to an audit. Now, it will operate several series of audits against the webpage and generate information on its performance. Each and every audit will come with reference documentation to tell about its importance and with recommendations.
Only a few months ago, Google has announced the development of the latest Lighthouse feature which will able to provide audit data, particular to the Content Management System (CMS). The latest feature is known as Platform Packs for Lighthouse. As it will enhance the quality of the audit with tricks and tips that are specific to every popular Content Management System (CMS) like WordPress, JavaScrip Frameworks, etc. For example, site audit information might include trick and tips on how to address contribute in blocking resources on WordPress or how to serve suitable sized images with tips applicable to WordPress.